If you are considering purchasing a Medicare Supplement insurance policy, here are five reasons why it may be a good option for you:
1. Low out-of-pocket costs: Medicare Supplement plans can help cover your eligible healthcare expenses, thus reducing your out-of-pocket costs depending on the plan you choose. Benefits are coordinated with your Medicare benefits, and they won’t decrease over time.
2. Freedom to choose your healthcare providers: With a Medicare Supplement plan, you can choose any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare for your care. There are no referrals or networks, and you can keep your current doctor if they accept Medicare patients.
3. Guaranteed renewable coverage: Your Medicare Supplement policy cannot be canceled as long as you pay your premiums on time. Premiums are subject to change, but not the benefits.
4. Providers accept patients with Medicare Supplement insurance: You can visit any provider who accepts Medicare for your care, without worrying about whether they are in your plan’s network.
5. Coverage goes with you: Your Medicare Supplement policy covers your healthcare needs anywhere in the United States, and some plans even offer limited coverage for medically necessary emergency care outside the country.
Overall, a Medicare Supplement policy is a good choice if you want to have more control over your healthcare choices and limit your out-of-pocket costs. Remember, you can only purchase a Medicare Supplement policy if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, and you pay a separate premium for your policy.